Special District Management
Grace Environmental provides general management services and staffing for special districts.
An independent special district (Community Services District) is a form of government unique to California. Special districts are separate local government formed by local residents to deliver public services to a particular area. Some special districts focus on water, recycled water, and wastewater services, while others may be authorized as a multifunction community services district including services such as: fire protection and parks and recreation.
Special districts can provide a single service or a wide range of services such as water treatment and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment, trash collection, fire and police protection, electricity, parks, mosquito abatement, and the management of ports, airports and libraries. Some community service districts provide up to 32 different services.
Despite their differences, special districts share similar characteristics: each is a government (not a corporation or non-profit organization), has a governing board and General Management to provide community services, facilities staffing and maintenance.
Grace Environmental provides general management services and staffing for special districts. Contact us for more information on how we can better serve your community.
The Operations Division of Grace Environmental Services, provides trained and licensed staff to perform all aspect of facility duties as mandated by regulatory agencies and discharge permit, including:
- Negotiating discounts with chemical suppliers and vendors on behalf of our clients.
- Routine inspection and adjustment of facility equipment.
- Protecting the environment and water resources through strict adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Collection of process samples and delivery to respected, local laboratories.
- Responding rapidly to alarm conditions and emergencies 2-hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Preparing and submitting reporting documents to regulators, in both hardcopy and electronic formats.
- Assisting with the budgetary process for operations, maintenance, and capital improvement projects.
- Acting as a liaison between facility owners, regulatory agencies and the general public.
- Providing facility start-up and training.
- Reducing overhead costs to owners.
- Servicing and maintaining the facilities and equipment we have stewardship over.
Municipal Utilities District Management
Grace Environmental has the strength and stability that districts can count on for reliable operation and maintenance of their facilities. Grace Environmental Services, operates, maintains, and ensures regulatory compliance of water and wastewater systems for Counties, Cities and Municipalities by providing:
- Water Treatment and Distribution
- Water and Wastewater Operations and Maintenance (O&M)
- Wastewater Treatment and Collection
- Leak Detection
- Sampling and reporting for regulatory agencies.
- Facility and equipment evaluations.
- Water system meter reading billing and collection
- Potable water booster station monitoring, maintenance, and repair.
- Sewer and storm water lift station monitoring, maintenance, and repair.
- Sewer and storm water system cleaning.
- Equipment maintenance and repair including pumps, motors, controls, and blowers.